What is baptism?
A few things to note about baptism:
- Baptism is a fancy word that simply means dunking someone underwater. (Acts 8:38-39)
- It pictures the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. (Romans 6:4)
- Baptism is one of two things that Jesus commands for making new disciples - the other is teaching obedience to Jesus. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Baptism never stands on its own but is accompanied by believing in Jesus (faith), confessing Him as Lord, and repenting of (turning away from) sin. (Acts 2:38)
- Baptism is one of the unifying marks of God's people. (Ephesians 4:3-6)
- Baptism is the normative way that a person "calls on the name of the Lord" and receives the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16, 1 Peter 3:21)
- Baptism marks the beginning of church life. (Acts 2:41)
Ready to get baptized?
Fill out the form below and we will reach out to talk with you about taking this step!