One of the biggest obstacles to spiritual growth is being too busy. Between work, sports practices, school, shopping, appointments, programs and events, many have no margin in their schedules to just stop and spend time with God.
During this time of forced quarantines and cancellations, each of us has an opportunity to choose to be good stewards of the time we have been given. Make the most of this "gift of time" by being intentional in your relationships - both with God and with others. Dig into deeper discussions (even if it's on the phone). Play games. Read the book you've been putting off. Look for ways to grow in your faith and spend much-needed rest in your heavenly Father.
Here are just a few recommendations for excellent apps, books and podcasts that we recommend for you during this time. Most of these apps are free and the books are available on audible.
RightNow Media is an online resource/app containing thousands of video resources at your fingertips (including some from the ones listed above!). Click the card below to get set up!
Apps for your Phone
- Read Scripture App - A simple app for reading Scripture with videos along the way to help you understand what you're reading.
- Echo Prayer App - A prayer app that gives reminders of when to pray and who you are praying for.
- YouVersion Bible Apps - Bible reading apps for adults and children as well as a Bible Lens app for sharing the beauty of Scripture in a beautiful way.
- Core52 by Mark Moore - You can get this book directly from the church, or you could click here for the Kindle version and click here for the audiobook.
- Hero Maker by Dave Ferguson - also available at church or via you can purchase on Kindle or audiobook.
Have anything you would add to the list? Let us know below!