One of the biggest obstacles to spiritual growth is being too busy. Between work, sports practices, school, shopping, appointments, programs, and events, many have no margin in their schedules to just stop and spend time with God. We hope that the resources below can help remedy that by saving you the time it takes to look around and decide on something and by providing options that are as available "on the go" as they are otherwise.
Here are just a few recommendations for excellent apps, books, websites, and podcasts. One of the best things is that the websites, apps, and podcasts are all free (and RightNow Media is paid for by the church!).
RightNow Media is an online resource/app containing thousands of video resources at your fingertips (including some from the ones listed below!). Click the card below to get set up!
Apps for your Phone
- Read Scripture App - A simple app for reading Scripture with videos along the way to help you understand what you're reading.
- Echo Prayer App - A prayer app that gives reminders of when to pray and who you are praying for.
- YouVersion Bible Apps - Bible reading apps for adults and children as well as a Bible Lens app for sharing the beauty of Scripture in a beautiful way.
- BibleProject - A resource dedicated to helping you "experience the Bible as a unified story that leads to Jesus." You can get signed up for their weekly Bible study emails by clicking here.
- Empowered Homes - A site filled with uplifting content for marriage, parenting, and general spiritual growth.
- OCC Next Level - Free video resources from Ozark Christian College to use in your own personal study of the bible or with others!
Have anything you would add to the list? Let us know below!